National Auctioneers Association
St. Jude Auction for Hope
News from http://www.stjude.org/naa
The National Auctioneers Association (NAA) is a proud partner of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. The NAA adopted St. Jude as its national philanthropy in 1995 and since that time has raised approximately $4 million for the lifesaving work of the hospital.
In 2007, the NAA launched its newest fundraising campaign, the St. Jude Auction for Hope. The St. Jude Auction for Hope is a simple way for National Auctioneers Association members to do what they do best – raise money – and help the doctors and researchers at St. Jude do what they do best – find cures and save children.
NAA members can participate in this program in a variety of ways:
- Asking your auction attendees to add on a donation and purchase a St. Jude pin-up at the register when checking out from your auctions throughout year
- Selling one item to benefit St. Jude, such as a St. Jude tie or tote bag, to start off each of your auctions throughout the year
- Hosting one auction in your community from which all proceeds benefit St. Jude
- Auctioning off the front-row seats at each of your auctions for St. Jude
These are just a few ideas to begin fundraising. Start planning for your St. Jude Auction for Hope event today. Order your St. Jude Auction for Hope kit.
By supporting St. Jude you will be able to:
- Combine your passion of auctions with helping to save the lives of children battling cancer and other catastrophic diseases
- Provide a meaningful event for your entire community to enjoy the exciting atmosphere of an auction
- Generate press coverage for your company or organization
- Create partnerships between you, your company and area businesses through event participation
St. Jude will provide you with fundraising materials designed to make your event a success. The St. Jude Auction for Hope kit includes instructions on different ways to fundraise, promotional materials, posters, pin-ups, a resource CD, an informational DVD highlighting the NAA and St. Jude partnership and donation collection information.
To order your kit today, submit your name, shipping and contact information.
Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, CAI, AARE has been an auctioneer and certified appraiser for over 30 years. His company’s auctions are located at: Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, Keller Williams Auctions and Goodwill Columbus Car Auction. His Facebook page is: www.face book.com/mbauctioneer. He is Executive Director of The Ohio Auction School.