Here’s the scoop.
Per the National Auctioneers Association (NAA), National Auctioneers Week has been marked as an extension of National Auctioneers Day (April 16.)
The entire week will highlight both the NAA, its members and the auction method of marketing. The NAA Promotions Committee developed a strategy for all members to take part. Here’s some of the things the public will see on Facebook and other social networking sites:
- The NAA logo replacing profile pictures
- Videos and posts about talks with people about how auctions work and using an NAA member auctioneer
- Videos talking about how auctions work and short sample elevator speeches
- Announcements regarding local and state government officials commemorating the 3rd Saturday of April as National Auctioneers Day
- Auction success stories on Facebook and other social media
- Posts celebrating National Auctioneers Day on Facebook and other social media
Just how does the public benefit from utilizing an NAA auctioneer? There are several benefits. NAA Auctioneers are:
- Held to the absolute highest ethical standard for auctioneers, governed by the NAA.
- Privy to the best high-caliber auctioneer continuing education available anywhere.
- Part of a vast network of fellow NAA member auctioneers who freely share and help each other.
- Advantaged with discounts for key services such as national advertising, credit card processing, etc.
- Helped with legislative, regulatory and other legal and advocacy issues facing the auction industry.
Looking to sell something at auction? Thinking of buying something at auction? Those are wonderful ideas, and using an NAA auctioneer likely gives you the best chance of a great experience.
Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, CAI, AARE has been an auctioneer and certified appraiser for over 30 years. His company’s auctions are located at: Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, Keller Williams Auctions and Goodwill Columbus Car Auction. He serves as Distinguished Faculty at Hondros College of Business, Executive Director of The Ohio Auction School and Faculty at the Certified Auctioneers Institute held at Indiana University.