We recently wrote about (electronic) auctioneer content marketing. As well, we completed a video on that same topic here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJNTUdcube4. The four basic types of formats today are webinars (webcasts, web conferences,) podcasts, videos, and blogs.
That aforementioned content marketing treatise is here: https://mikebrandlyauctioneer.wordpress.com/2020/04/03/auctioneers-and-electronic-content-webinars-podcasts-video-blogs/. You’re reading my blog at this very moment.
Our three thus-far episodes can be accessed here:
- January 10, 2019. Auction industry updates and trends: http://thesalering.blubrry.net/episode-10-auction-industry-updates-and-trends-with-industry-expert-mike-brandly/.
- August 27, 2019. Auction law and best practices: https://thesalering.blubrry.net/episode-23-auction-law-and-best-practices-with-mike-brandly/.
- October 21, 2019. Selling firearms (guns) at auction: https://thesalering.blubrry.net/episode-25-selling-guns-at-auction-with-mike-brandly/.
I began my blog in 2009 and here in 2020, upwards of 3 million blog posts are published every day. Also here in 2020, podcasts have become another very popular way to communicate content.
The first widely distributed auction-podcast was the Fast Talking Podcast managed by Andy Imholte. I wrote about the Fast Talking Podcast here: https://mikebrandlyauctioneer.wordpress.com/2015/04/24/the-fast-talking-podcast/ and joined Andy in producing eight episodes:
- April 20, 2015. Auction Law, Understanding UCC 2-328: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/2015/4/18/58-auction-law-understanding-ucc-2-328-mike-brandly.
- January 25, 2016. Auction Law, Absolute Auctions: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/101.
- May 16, 2016. Auction Law, “As-is:” http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/120.
- October 31, 2016. Auction Law, Guns. Auctioneers and FFL: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/144.
- January 2, 2017. Auction Law, Secret Reserves: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/152.
- July 31, 2017. Auction Law, When does SOLD mean SOLD!: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/181.
- August 28, 2017. When the word Auction doesn’t work: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/185.
- November 20, 2017. Top 5 Auction Law Questions: http://www.fasttalkingpodcast.com/new-blog/196.
Mike Jones hosts The Mike “McGavel” Jones Show (podcast) where we were recently a guest. As you can both see and hear — the video podcast and audio podcast are both available for content consumption:
The National Auctioneers Association (NAA) began to publish a series of videos/podcasts in response to the significant impact of the current Coronavirus pandemic on the auction industry.
We contributed two videos to this platform. NAA episodes can be watched and/or listened to here: https://www.pathlms.com/naa/courses/17146 and here: https://auctioneers.org/NAA/Member-Area/naa-response-to-covid-19.aspx.
As I’ve often said, “Content is king” when wanting to be found on the Internet, or — quite frankly — otherwise.
Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, CAI, CAS, AARE has been an auctioneer and certified appraiser for over 30 years. His company’s auctions are located at: Mike Brandly, Auctioneer, RES Auction Services and Goodwill Columbus Car Auction. He serves as Distinguished Faculty at Hondros College, Executive Director of The Ohio Auction School, an Instructor at the National Auctioneers Association’s Designation Academy and America’s Auction Academy. He is faculty at the Certified Auctioneers Institute held at Indiana University and is approved by the The Supreme Court of Ohio for attorney education.